Kyrenia Villa Margarita - What to do
"The North is the best of Cyprus, their stretch of coastline is beautiful..." The Sunday Express
There is some beautiful coastline in the Kyrenia area and many different beaches to choose from including the superb Escape Beach situated within walking distance of the Villa. There are sandy beaches with many facilities or quieter more secluded beaches for those of you who want to be alone. Most beaches provide excellent conditions for swimming and snorkeling. for a detailed description of the beaches in the area, visit cyprusonline
Cypriot cuisine has been influenced by different cultures throuhout history. Therefore there isn t any dish, which we would call Cypriot only. However with little variations from their originals Cypriots have developed quite tasty dishes. Each dish has a peculiar taste and cooking and presentation reflects the character of the people of Cyprus. Molehiya Arab in origin, has developed completely, appealing to Cypriot taste both in preparation, taste and presentation. Some dishes even vary from region to region in name, preparation and taste. Northern Cyprus is fascinating and appealing to people who eat well and enjoy eating.
A great variety of vegetable dishes, grills, pastry, fish, soups, kebabs, lahmacun, pides are to name but a few. A big list of mezes, sweets, cakes, eaten either as starters or as afters can be named. In addition to local cuisine Chinese, Italian, French and Indian foods are well represented in various restaurants. To read more about the local restaurant, visit cypnet back to top
Situated on the Coast at the foot of The Five Finger Mountain, the prestigious Korineum Golf & Country Club is proud to be the first 18 hole golf course in Northern Cyprus. Carved from a natural forest of Umbrella Pines and Olive trees, amongst others, with stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea on one side, and breath taking views of the famous Five Finger Mountain range on the other. Visit korineumgolf.com back to top
The visitors to North Cyprus can find a wide range of consumer goods and services. Many of the popular imported brand names are readily available and can be found in local supermarkets. Fresh local produce can be purchased from a variety of markets and small stores and there is wide selection of wines and spirits at very low costs: For example, local brandy retailing at approximately £1.10 per bottle. VAT (KDV) is levied on most goods and services with rates ranging from 20% down to 2%. The chain of food supermarkets in North Cyprus is provided by Lemar and Astro most frequently. back to top
The Northern Cyprus Coast offers spectacular scenery and is a superb location for a range of watersports.
- Novices can take a trial dive for as little as £20, and can learn to dice to PADI and BSAC standard for around £160 just a few days. Qualified divers will enjoy the opportunities to visit reefs and wrecks just off the coast, with well equipped diving schools at Escape Beach and along the length of the beaches.
- In shore snorkelling offers many varied and amazing sights, with caves and rocky headlands making the ideal habitats for sea-life.
- Speed boats
- Speed boats can be hired or you can simply enjoy a high-octane trip around the bays.
- The sea is rich and varied in fresh fish, and enthusiasts can enjoy shore fishing or full day excursions to catch some of the more exotic varieties.
- Water Skiing
- Learn to water-ski at Escape Beach or one of the many facilities along the coast.
- For a slower pace under your own steam, pedal boating around the bays is a relaxing way to take in the sun. back to top